Sunday, February 6, 2011

Editing Assignment

I chose this sequence because I think it builds the best storyline of them getting ready and then how the day ends. It has interaction, an opener/closer, reaction, portrait of the little girl, detail, and overall. The one area where I am not sure if the order works is with the transition from the detail of the beauty pageant memorabilia to the stage at the beauty pageant. The only other image that I felt would have worked would have been the image of them getting ready in the car but I didn't really feel like it added anything more than being a transition photo. I would have also like a better image of them interacting on the stage while the little girl's performance was going on because it seems like something is missing. There isn't a portrait of the father either, even though I was originally going to end this with the image of him with the dress and sash on the hanger. It didn't really feel like a closer and I couldn't put it before the closer I had now because then the little girl would be in the dress, out of it, and then in it again.

*Photos by Caitlyn Emmett


The above image I would have kept in only if it were a title slide, otherwise I would remove it.





No comments:

Post a Comment